Wednesday 12 August 2015

Things that make you happy.

My friend and fellow Blogger Amanda Green has written a blog post on 'Things that make you happy.' So I thought I would give it a whirl also.


Ok so in no particular order here's what make me happy.

My dog.

His name is Frugal and he is a sproodle (springer crossed with a poodle). He nearly 2 now and has settled a little but still pretty bonkers at times. 


Apart from the colour, you can see we have matching hair.

My Job

It's not a job really to me. I get paid to walk doggies and feed cats. It's freedom and much less tiring than working as a nurse. It recharges the soul to see happy smiling (mostly) doggies everyday. I am very grateful for it as it gives me some money without all the stress, which means I can continue to recover and get better.

Eating out

I love eating out. Looking for a new place to go excites me and then tasting a glass of wine and ordering off the menu. I find it really exciting especially if it turns out to be better than I had hoped like having amazing wine or a dish that is wonderful and especially great if there is a great view or lovely garden. I particularly love curry but my guts can't cope with it all the time. Getting ready to go out for a curry is one of the best feelings ever!

Reading

I love a cracking book. I don't read as much as I used to or I go through phases and read all the time. I have to be in the mood. One of my favourite authors at the moment is Paula Daly and what I love about her is that she has no airs and graces and talks to her fans when she can. Her books are brilliant and the titles resonated with things happening in my own life and drew me to them (although the stories themselves are nothing like my life). I can devour a book of hers in one sitting! The next one is due out at the end of the month. I cannot wait.

I also love Isla Dewar's books especially Secrets of a family album and The woman who painted her dreams. I only hope that one day I produce something akin to these wonderful ladies books!

My Fiancé

We have been together nearly two years now. After many years in a marriage I didn't like and years of stress following separations, affairs, divorce and having my child go live with her dad, I have found someone to spend time with doing things I enjoy and great company. We are lucky to have found each other.

The sun

The yellow thing in the sky not the newspaper! I love a good sunny day and feeling the sun on my skin and turning brown, although I struggle with heat a bit but at least in the UK when it is sunny it's usually not overwhelming.



The beach and the sun together are just wonderful aren't they? This was taken at Saunton Sands in Devon last weekend. One of my favourite places ever. 

Travelling


I love seeing new places and experiencing local food and culture. I've been a bit restricted with finances and time at the moment. I travelled when I was younger and it was the best experience ever. Just a backpack of clothes and endless possibilities.


Quiet.

Until I moved in with my fiancé I would always have the TV on or music. Now I like to sit and hear nothing. Just listen to nature or the sound of water. 


My iPhone 

I know it's really shallow but I love it. Sometimes I wish I could live without it but I admit I'm addicted to it.

My daughter 

She's turning into a beautiful young lady now (although her attitude isn't very ladylike but then she's a lot like me!) I'm very proud of her no matter what and she's coped so well with all the changes in her life. 


I think that's about it for now!! 


1 comment:

  1. Just received a check for $500.

    Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys to finally set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete