Monday 20 April 2015

Expressing ourselves.

I've heard it say to me three times in healing that I have an issue with throat chakra. So I looked into it. Despite thinking and feeling like I can express myself, I started to notice that I would raise my voice rather a lot when things weren't going how I wanted them to.

I realise now that I shout as I feel people don't listen to me. Apparently when the throat chakra is excessive a person needs to 'discharge energy though shouting' I didn't think I had any energy in me! Or use talking as a defence. I know I'm not good at listening! And can use bitter language against themselves and others. I used to do that but don't so much now unless I get wound up.

Although having an excessive throat chakra can also be indicated by 'self-righteousness, overbearing, opinionated, addictiveness, domineering and dogmatic'. Some people would say I was self righteous- I'm working on it and opinionated, yep that too. And I'm also very guilty of interrupting others and unable to stay silent. And I'm definitely not dogmatic because I change my mind all the time.

So what do I need to do to work on it?

Listen more for sure. Apparently that will help me be heard when I do speak.

I don't gossip too much anymore (well maybe a little) but cutting down on that can't be a bad thing.

Expressing thoughts and beliefs that have gone unspoken. This can be to yourself whilst in the shower or bath or on a walk. I've done it unknowingly a lot in an attempt to get my point across to the person I've had a disagreement with and apparently the conversation needs to be had even if it's just to yourself.

Chanting and singing are good for the throat chakra unfortunately for my family, they will have to put up with me singing a bit more! I tend to spend a lot of time alone though so should put some sounds on!

Oh and a bit of yoga when I get settled in the States.

There's loads of stuff out there to read and most of it says the same, thankfully. One thing when learning something new is having conflicting advice!
I let you know how I get on.




No comments:

Post a Comment